This pineapple pork roast is flavorful and nearly effortless. It's a tempting combination of pork, pineapple, and other ingredients you probably have on hand. Sweet and sour flavors complement pork beautifully.
Serve this sweet-sour pork loin roast sliced with hot cooked rice.
- 1 boneless pork roast (about 3 lbs)
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Dash freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 can crushed pineapple (8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cut trimmed roast in half, if necessary, and place in the Crock Pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients except flour and water; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove roast from the liquids.
- Place a sieve over a large measuring cup and pour the liquids through it.
- Return the pineapple solids to the slow cooker along with the pork.
- Add water to liquids in the measuring cup to make 1 3/4 cups. Pour into saucepan.
- Blend flour and cold water together to form a smooth paste. Stir into hot reserved liquid. Cook and stir until thickened. Pour over roast; serve with rice, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|