These easy pork chops are perfect for a busy day any time of the year. The chops are easy to prepare and take about 5 to 6 hours to cook in the slow cooker.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil (enough to coat the skillet)
- 4 center cut pork chops
- Dash of black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 envelope
- onion soup mix, (about 1 ounce)
- 1 cup
- chicken broth or vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1 to 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pork chops and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Brown the chops, turning to brown both sides, about 5 to 7 minutes total.
- Transfer the browned chops to a medium to large slow cooker.
- In a bowl or 2-cup measure, combine the soup mix, broth, and water. Pour over the chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours, or on HIGH for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Transfer the pork chops to a serving plate or platter and keep warm.
- Strain the juices and skim off fat. Put the juices in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened. Stir in the butter until melted.
- Pour the sauce over the chops and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|