Every cook can appreciate the convenience of a delicious slow cooker meal. This pork goulash is loaded with flavor and the preparation is relatively easy. A little sour cream is the secret sauce -- it adds to the richness of the dish. Quickly saute a few of your ingredients, toss in the rest, set your slow cooker, and come back to a hearty, warming meal perfect for a chilly night.
More Comfort Food Pork Recipes
- 2 bacon slices, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean pork, cut in 1-inch cubes (or a mixture of pork and beef)
- 2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and squeezed dry
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat, stirring, until bacon is crisp.
- Place pork (and beef, if used) in Crock Pot with the paprika, caraway seeds, wine, potatoes, peppers, broth, and sauerkraut. Add bacon and onions and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low from 8 to 10 hours.
- About 15 to 20 minutes before done, add diced tomato and sour cream. Serve hot.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|