|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 36g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||64%|
|Total Carbohydrate 92g||33%|
|Dietary Fiber 22g||78%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This tender and juicy boneless pork loin roast is slow cooked to perfection with a variety of canned beans and barbecue sauce. The pork is cooked in the slow cooker and the beans are added about 2 hours before serving time.
I used black beans, pork and beans, and a can of baby lima beans in the recipe, but pinto beans, great northern, or navy beans would be good choices — along with the pork and beans — as well. Meaty country style ribs or boneless pork chops may be substituted for the pork roast.
Serve this flavorful pork and beans with coleslaw and cornbread or muffins for a wonderful meal any time of the year.
- 1 boneless pork loin roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- seasoned salt or barbecue seasoning blend
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 large can (20 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) lima beans or baby limas, drained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite brand or homemade
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Gather the ingredients.
- Rub the pork roast all over with the barbecue seasonings or seasoned salt.
- Place the roast in the crockpot and then add the water or broth and onion.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Drain off the excess liquids and add the canned beans, barbecue sauce, and pepper; cook for 2 to 3 hours longer.
- Taste and add salt, as needed.
- Serve the pork on a platter with the beans, along with coleslaw, cornbread or muffins, and potato salad.
Tips and Variations
The pork and beans are essential for flavor, but great northern beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, navy beans, or similar beans may be substituted for the black beans and/or lima beans.
Brown the pork roast on all sides in a small amount of vegetable oil a skillet over medium-high heat.
Boneless center cut loin pork chops may be substituted for the pork roast.
Replace the seasoned salt blend with a Cajun seasoning blend.
Add chopped red or green bell pepper to the pork along with the beans and continue cooking for 2 to 3 hours.
Rub the pork roast with about 1 teaspoon of minced garlic along with the seasoned salt or seasoning blend.
The USDA recommends a minimum safe internal temperature of 145 F for cuts of pork. If you want to avoid undercooking or overcooking the pork, check with an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loin.
You Might Also Like