|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
It's hard to beat a pork shoulder for flavor and tenderness, and it's one of my favorite pork cuts.
This dish is made with a boneless pork shoulder, slow cooked to perfection with a tangy mixture of apple jelly and coarsely ground mustard.
Serve this delicious slow cooked pork shoulder with mashed potatoes or pile on soft buns for fabulous sandwiches.
- 2 large onions (halved, sliced)
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- Gather the ingredients.
- Arrange onion slices in the bottom of a large slow cooker.
- Rinse the roast and pat dry; leave it in its net; place on the onions.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a cup; pour over the roast.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Turn to low and cook for 6 to 8 hours longer.
You Might Also Like