This easy slow cooker pot roast with barbecued pinto beans is a snap to prepare, and it's super easy on the budget. Serve this delicious pot roast with hot baked cornbread and fresh vegetables or a salad for a perfect family meal.
Chow-chow is an excellent condiment to serve with pinto beans.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 boneless pot roast, about 4 to 5 pounds
- salt and pepper or a barbecue seasoning blend
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth or water
- 4 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) pinto beans or chili beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce, purchased or homemade
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook onion until softened.
- Rub the roast generously with seasonings and brown on all sides in the skillet.
- Add beef broth or water and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer the roast, onions, and broth to the slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Drain off liquids and add the beans and barbecue sauce; cover and cook for about 2 hours longer, or until the beef is very tender.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||54 g|