French onion soup and tomatoes add flavor to this delicious pot roast. Serve this pot roast with potatoes and a tossed salad for a hearty weekday meal.
- 1 boneless chuck pot roast, about 3 pounds
- steak seasoning blend or seasoned salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- Rub the roast all over with the steak seasoning blend or salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the roast on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the roast to the crockery insert of the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion and mushrooms over medium heat until the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the soup, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil. Pour over the roast in the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Turn to LOW and continue cooking for 7 to 8 hours, or until tender.
More Pot Roast Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|