|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||33%|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This boneless turkey breast is roasted with fresh herbs in the slow cooker. This turkey breast is roasted in a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker. For a smaller slow cooker, use a 2 1/2 to 3-pound boneless turkey breast.
Thaw the turkey completely in the refrigerator before you begin cooking it in the slow cooker.
- 1 (4-pound) boneless turkey breast (skin on)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (grated)
- 2 Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored, and chopped)
- 2 carrots (cut into large chunks)
- 4 medium leeks (white part and 1-inch pale green, rinsed, sliced thinly)
- 1 cup chicken broth, preferably unsalted or low sodium
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or more broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Gather the ingredients.
With your fingers, separate the skin from breast meat.
Combine the parsley, thyme, butter, and lemon zest.
Rub turkey with the herb mixture all over and under the skin. Tie the skin back in place with kitchen twine.
Arrange the apples, carrots, and leeks in the bottom of the crockery insert of a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker.
Top with turkey breast, skin side up. Drizzle the lemon juice over the turkey.
Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Continue cooking on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for about 3 hours longer. According to the USDA guidelines, poultry must reach at least 165 F on a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat. Check with a reliable instant-read food thermometer.
Transfer the turkey breast to a serving platter and keep warm.
If desired, brown the skin under the broiler for about 4 to 5 minutes. Let turkey breast stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Turn the slow cooker to HIGH. Whisk broth and wine into the juices in the slow cooker.
In a small bowl or cup, combine the butter and flour until the flour is well incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
Whisk the flour and butter combination into the slow cooker liquids and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally until thickened and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Cook and stir for another minute.
Alternatively, you can cook the broth, wine, and juices in a saucepan on the stovetop more quickly. Add the butter and flour mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour the sauce into a serving dish and spoon over slices of the turkey breast.
- To replace the leeks, use 1 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped, and 2 chopped green onions.
- Add a fennel bulb, sliced, to the vegetable mixture.