This combination of apples and sliced smoked sausage makes a delicious meal or appetizer. Add some sauerkraut to the crockpot if you like.
Use Polish sausage, turkey smoked sausage, or your favorite in this easy slow cooker recipe.
- 4 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 pounds smoked sausage,sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Put sliced apples, sausage, brown sugar, and onion in slow cooker.
- Combine the cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth, then add to apple mixture. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|