|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||46%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Imagine coming home after a long day to a homemade hearty beef dish cooked in a flavorful gravy. Sound like too much work? These slow cooker sirloin tips are super-easy to prepare and use only seven ingredients (and two are optional). This simple recipe coming together to make a rich and comforting meal. The addition of red wine complements the beef and mushrooms and adds a bit of complexity.
The beef and sauce taste great over hot cooked rice or noodles, as well as mashed potatoes.
2 pounds sirloin tips
1 (10 1/2-ounce) can golden cream of mushroom soup
1 (1-ounce) packet brown gravy mix
1/2 cup red wine, such as cabernet, Burgundy, or pinot noir
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon minced dried onion, optional
1 (6-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained, optional
Gather the ingredients.
Put the sirloin tips in the slow cooker.
In a bowl, combine the condensed soup, gravy mix, red wine, and black pepper. Add the minced onion and sliced mushrooms if using; blend well.
Pour the mixture over the sirloin tips.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
If the liquids lack flavor after several hours of cooking, strain them into a saucepan and reduce over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until concentrated and flavorful.
- If you find this recipe needs a flavor boost, there are several ways to increase the flavors. To enhance the beef taste, sear the raw sirloin tips in a large skillet over medium-high heat in a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Add the seared meat to the slow cooker and continue with the recipe.
- If 2 pounds of beef tips are too much for your family, the recipe is easily scaled down. Or double everything for a potluck dish or game-day party.
- Include about 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion instead of dried minced onions, or throw in 2 minced cloves of garlic.
- A few tablespoons of tomato paste may be added to enrich the taste of the gravy.
- Replace the golden mushroom soup with cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup.
- Use an onion or mushroom gravy mix instead of the brown gravy, or use a jar of roast beef gravy instead of the dry mix.