This cinnamon and nutmeg spiced bread pudding is made in the slow cooker, with bread cubes, eggs, milk, and optional raisins.
- Lightly butter the slow cooker then add bread cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the scalded milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Pour milk mixture over the bread cubes then add raisins, if desired.
- Gently, using a large spoon or spatula, press bread cubes down into the mixture so all of the bread pieces are soaked with the milk and egg mixture. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on the LOW setting for 5 to 6 hours, or until the bread pudding is set.
- Serve with a dessert sauce or whipped cream.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|