|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 quart (24 to 36 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This super easy dip is always a hit, and you only need three ingredients!. Take the dip along to a tailgating party, a home game day gathering, office party, or any other event.
With only three ingredients it might seem almost too simple, but that makes it that much more versatile. Add chopped cilantro to this dip for extra flavor, and use your favorite salsa. Other possible additions include chopped fresh or canned chile peppers, chopped sauteed onions, hot sauce, or tomatoes with green chiles. Browned and well-drained lean ground beef is another popular addition, or make it with ground bulk sausage.
Serve this popular cheese dip right from the slow cooker with tortilla chips or corn chips for dipping.
Place the cheese cubes and salsa in a slow cooker or crockpot. Cover and cook on HIGH, stirring occasionally until the cheese cubes are melted and blended with the salsa, about 2 hours. Stir in fresh chopped cilantro after the cheese has melted or leave them out.
Serve hot, right from the slow cooker, with tortilla chips or corn chips or assorted crackers.
- This recipe can be varied by adding chopped chile peppers, Ro-Tel tomatoes instead of the salsa, a few dashes of hot sauce, or other additions.
- Add a few tablespoons of finely chopped fresh jalapeño peppers or milder poblano or Anaheim peppers along with the cubed cheese and salsa.
- Add a small can (about 4 ounces) of chopped mild chile peppers along with the salsa and cheese.
- Saute 1/2 cup of finely chopped onions and bell peppers and add to the pot with the cheese and salsa.
- Crumble lean ground beef or sausage into a large skillet and place it over medium heat; cook until the meat is no longer pink, stirring constantly. Add the meat to the slow cooker along with the cheese cubes and salsa.