|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This venison pot roast is slow cooked to perfection with tomatoes, beef broth, and seasonings. It's a simple recipe, but the flavor is great.
- 1 venison pot roast, about 3 pounds
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or shortening
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cups beef broth (hot)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: salt and pepper (to taste)
Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; dust with flour.
Sear the venison roast in a heavy skillet or saute pan in heated oil or shortening. Add onion to skillet. Turn off the heat and add beef broth; transfer to slow cooker, scraping browned bits up.
Add tomatoes to crock pot, along with the herbs and seasonings.
Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 12 hours, until pot roast is tender.