Venison steaks are cooked in the slow cooker with condensed soup and vegetables.
- 2 to 3 pounds venison steaks
- 2 tablespoons shortening or oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 large bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water or beef broth
- Brown venison in a heavy skillet in shortening; transfer to the slow cooker.
- Saute onion and bell pepper in drippings.
- Add 2 tablespoons flour to drippings and stir until well blended. Stir in soups and water. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
- Pour the soup mixture over the venison steaks in the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 7 to 9 hours, until tender.