Venison steaks are cooked in the slow cooker with condensed soup and vegetables.
- 2 to 3 pounds venison steaks
- 2 tablespoons shortening or oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 large bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water or beef broth
Brown venison in a heavy skillet in shortening; transfer to the slow cooker.
Saute onion and bell pepper in drippings.
Add 2 tablespoons flour to drippings and stir until well blended. Stir in soups and water. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
Pour the soup mixture over the venison steaks in the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 7 to 9 hours, until tender.