|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate 145g||53%|
|Dietary Fiber 42g||151%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This well seasoned white chili is super easy to prepare in the slow cooker, and it gets lots of flavor from chicken, garlic, white beans, and peppers.
Use boneless chicken thighs, chicken breasts, or a combination of both. Cumin, garlic, and oregano give this chili excellent flavor.
- 1 pound chicken (cut up into small chunks)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped finely)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin or 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 or 2 chopped bell peppers (a combination of colors)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno chile pepper
- Dash salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Optional: Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Optional: tortilla chips (broken)
In a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker combine the chicken, onions, chicken broth, garlic, cumin, and oregano.
Cook on low for about 3 to 4 hours.
Add drained beans and cook for 2 to 3 hours longer.
About 1 to 1 1/2 hours before the chili is done, add the chopped bell peppers and jalapeno peppers, if using.
Taste and add salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed.
Top each serving with shredded Monterey jack cheese and or broken tortilla chips if desired.
- Use pinto beans or great northern beans in the recipe.