You don't have to be a professional baker to make a delicious loaf of bread. This small, round loaf of honey white bread tastes fantastic and is so easy to make.
- In a medium bowl, mix milk and yeast. Add butter, honey, and salt. Stir. Add 1 cup of flour and mix well. Slowly add in remaining flour, enough flour to make a dough that follows the spoon around the bowl. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 4 minutes, adding more flour as needed until the dough is soft and smooth to the touch. Place dough in a medium greased bowl. Turn dough over in a bowl so that the top is also lightly greased. Cover with clean cloth and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead for 4 minutes or until the bubbles are out of the bread. Shape dough into small round loaf. Place on a greased baking sheet or small pizza pan. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake loaf at 350 F for 35 to 40 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. Remove loaf from the sheet and let cool on a rack.
Bread Baking Tips
- When honey is added to bread dough, it helps protect the baked bread's moisture.
- You can use any type of milk in this recipe: whole milk, skim, low fat, etc. Milk can also be replaced with water and nonfat dry milk.
- Milk can be replaced with soy milk.
- Keep yeast stored in an airtight container and in the refrigerator. Heat, moisture, and air kills the yeast and prevents bread dough from rising.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|