These French cut Racks of Lamb are marinated in a flavorful herb-Dijon marinade, then grilled to perfection. This recipe is simply a delicious treat for special occasions, but simple enough for a family meal.
- 2 lamb racks (French cut)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup/60 mL dry red wine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons/30 mL soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL basil
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL thyme
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Combine vinegar, lemon zest with the herbs and spices. Marinate racks of lamb in this mixture for about 12 hours.
- Preheat grill and prepare for indirect grilling at about 300 F.
- Combine Dijon mustard, red wine, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Remove lamb racks from marinade and place on grill over indirect heat. Grill for one hour or until done, basting with mustard sauce for the first 30 minutes.
- Remove from grill when done (an internal temperature of 145 F.) and let rest for 10 minutes. Carve and serve.
- Tell your butcher you want the lamb racks French cut.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|