This recipe is a great side dish for any smoked meats or can be a delicious addition to soups and stews. Put the squash in the smoker for a few hours before you are ready to eat.
- 3 acorn squash (halved and seeded)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 3 teaspoons (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) nutmeg
- Apply olive oil to cut side of acorn squash.
- Cover with foil, making sure to poke holes to let steam and smoke through.
- Prepare smoker. Place squash on smoker rack cut-side down. Smoke at 225 degrees F/100 degrees C for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- When squash is done, remove from smoker and allow to sit.
- Meanwhile, melt butter, sugar, and spices in a saucepan.
- Place a spoonful on each squash half when ready to serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|