Cola actually makes a great marinade, particularly for beef, and especially for brisket. The acid in the cola tenderizes the meat and the sweet adds flavor. This brisket marinade rounds that out with a little garlic, some oil to balance the acid and some Worcestershire sauce for extra flavor and you have a great smoked brisket marinade.
- 2 8-ounce cans cola (not diet)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Combine all ingredients and mix until the salt is completely dissolved. This makes enough marinade for a small brisket, so you might need to double the recipe.
- Place brisket in a large deep dish.
- Cover with marinade and refrigerate overnight to 12 hours.
If making marinade ahead of time, store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week after preparation. Before using, let marinade sit room temperature for at least 20 minutes.