The rub used for this smoked brisket should be prepared as a thick paste, which will help it adhere to the meat. Flavorful and delicious, this smoked brisket will quickly become a favorite. It's paired well with a side of your favorite vegetables (steamed asparagus is a great choice) and some delectable mashed potatoes. This will definitely be a dish your whole family will be asking you to cook for dinner again and again.
- 1 beef brisket (about 8 to 10 pounds or 3.6 to 4/5 kg)
- For Rub:
- 3 tablespoons/45 milliliters brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons/ 30 milliliters cayenne
- 2 tablespoons/ 30 milliliters Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters paprika
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters salt
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters onion powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters black pepper
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon/5 milliliters powdered cumin
Preheat smoker and add wood chips (follow your instruction manual).
Clean and dry the brisket.
Combine rub ingredients and apply them onto brisket.
Place brisket in the smoker for 8 to 10 hours.
Keep the smoker temperature at about 220 F/105 C. To increase tenderness, take the brisket out of the smoker, wrap in aluminum foil and place in the oven at 180 to 200 F/80 to 90 C for the last two hours.
Typically after 8 to 10 hours a piece of meat will have absorbed as much smoke as it can and additional smoking may impart a bitter flavor.
Take brisket off of heat and allow to sit for 20 minutes before slicing.
Serve and enjoy!