- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL coarse salt
- Prepare smoker for a one and a half hour cook time at around 275 F / 135 C.
- Cut the stem end of the butternut squash off, about an inch from the top. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on the smoker and cook until soft all the way through.
- A butternut squash, smoked for an hour and a half will have a strong smoke flavor. While this will cook down some when used in other recipes (like smoked butternut squash soup). To reduce the smoke flavor, cut the smoking time in half and finish the squash off in the oven.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|