To make a slowly smoked corn on the cob, soak the ears of corn in water for a few hours, then rub down with olive oil and light seasoning. Smoke corn for an hour or so and remember to leave the husks intact. The result is fantastic.
- 6 to 12 ears of corn with the husks still on
- 1/2 cup/120 mL olive oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL onion powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- Gently pull back the husks on each ear of corn. Remove the silk but not the husks.
- Place the ears in a large pan and fill with water to cover the corn. Let sit for several hours.
- Combine olive oil with onion powder, paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, and salt.
- Remove from water and brush the corn with oil mixture.
- Pull the husks back over the corn.
- Prepare your smoker and smoke the ears of corn at 225 Fahrenheit/110 Celcius for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- When done smoking, pull back the husks, top with green onions and enjoy.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|