This is an easy way to smoke a turkey. The marinade mixture is used as an injection solution and as a baste. If you bring the smoker temperature up towards the very end, you will get a nice crispy skin on your turkey. Similarly, you can transfer the turkey to the oven at around 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for about 10 minutes.
- 1 (15 pound) turkey (thawed)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Prepare smoker for a 6 to 8-hour smoke at about 230 F (110 C).
- In a saucepan melt butter. Add wine, honey, salt, and cinnamon. Heat on low temperature until mixture is smooth and thin.
- Using a turkey injector, inject half the mixture into the turkey in all meaty areas. Brush remaining mixture over turkey. You can reserve some of the baste to apply later, during the cooking process.
- Place turkey in the smoker. When the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 165 F (75 C.) the turkey is done. Remove from smoker and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Carve and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|