This Smoked Irish-Style Lamb with potatoes is a convenient dish since you can cook everything in the smoker. Just load everything up and let it go for about 3 hours.
- For the Lamb:
- 1 lamb leg (boneless)
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) kosher salt
- For the Potatoes:
- 15 medium potatoes
- 1 cup (240 mL) diced onion
- 1 cup (240 mL) bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) black pepper
- Prepare mixture for lamb in a small bowl.
- Butterfly lamb and place half the ingredients inside and rub remaining ingredients on the surface of the lamb. Close lamb leg and tie with kitchen twine to secure it.
- Place lamb on the top shelf of the smoker. Allow to smoke for about 4 hours at 225 F / 110 C.
- One hour after the lamb has been in the smoker, place potatoes, onion, and bell pepper in a sturdy pan. Sprinkle with minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. Position the pan with potatoes under the lamb. Expect drippings from lamb to come into contact with potatoes. Allow potatoes to smoke for 2 to 2/12 hours. Be sure to stir occasionally.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|