This is a great appetizer to make if you already have the smoker heated up. It adds a great flavor to these potato skins and the low temperature allows the flavors to blend together while they cook.
- 8 large potatoes
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) green onions
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) paprika
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cayenne
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Bake potatoes until tender. Cut lengthwise in quarters. Scoop out to make shells about 1/2-inch thick. Paint with olive oil and coat both sides with dry ingredients.
2. Place in prepared smoker at about 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) and smoke for 20 to 40 minutes, depending on how smoky you want them. Sprinkle with cheese and let smoke until cheese melts.
3. Top with chopped green onions and serve with barbecue sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|