This is a nice twist to a traditional brisket. This recipe calls for a sangria marinade and sauce that is sure to enhance an already delicious smoked brisket. Serve with mashed potatoes in colder months and with a delicious creamy potato salad during summer. You will love this one!
- 1 4-pound/1.7 kg beef brisket
- 1 cup/240 mL zinfandel
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 canned chipotle chilies, minced
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL triple sec
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL chili powder
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL water
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper, ground
1. Place brisket into a large, deep container. Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and pour over meat. Make sure all surfaces of the brisket are well coated. Cover dish with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours. Remove brisket, but reserve marinade for later, by storing in refrigerator.
2. Prepare smoker. You will want it to smoke for about 5-7 hours at 220-230 degrees F/105-110 degrees C.
Place brisket on smoker and cook until the internal temperature reaches 185 degrees F/85 degrees C. Remove brisket from smoker and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Let set for thirty minutes.
3. Place reserved marinade in saucepan and bring to a high simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer on medium-low to low for another 8-10 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and serve sangria sauce over sliced brisket.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|