Slow cooked rice with smoked sausage and tomatoes.
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced (kielbasa or turkey smoked sausage is good)
- 1 1/2 cups long-grained converted rice
- 2 3/4 cups hot water
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules, or 3 cubes
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomatoes, diced with juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Check near the end of cooking to make sure rice does not get mushy.
More Kielbasa Recipes to Try
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)