Smoked sausage adds interesting flavor and a different twist to everyday recipes. Whether you use spicy andouille, kielbasa, Polish sausage, chorizo, or a gourmet chicken or turkey sausage, you're sure to find some inspiration in these recipes.
Smoked Sausage Recipes
These recipes are all prepared in different ways, ranging from baking, slow cooking, roasted and more. Feel free to substitute your favorite sausage and make the dish your own.
- Andouille Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe calls for andouille sausage mixed with this rich and creamy macaroni and cheese. A spicy smoked chorizo or a turkey sausage could be used as well for this meaty twist on a classic dish.
- Sausage and Penne Casserole
This pasta and cheese dish is flavored with delicious spicy andouille sausage. It's a great casserole for a potluck event.
- Roasted Potato and Sausage Dinner
Look no further for a great everyday meal, perfect for a busy weekday or weekend. The andouille in this recipe is spicy and wonderful, but you can use a different smoked sausage, such as kielbasa or a seasoned chicken sausage.
- Crockpot Smoked Sausage With Potatoes and Cabbage
Use andouille, chorizo, chicken and apple, or your favorite variety of sausage in this slow cooker dish.
- Louisiana Beans and Rice With Smoked Sausage
Rice and beans is a traditional Cajun dish. Use andouille for a traditional flavor or a lighter chicken sausage for a healthier option.
- Jambalaya With Smoked Sausage, Chicken and Shrimp
Jambalaya is a delicious traditional southern Louisiana rice dish and this one is made with tomatoes, chicken, sausage, and shrimp.
- Crockpot Apple Sausage With Onion and Mustard Sauce
This is a flavorful combination of smoked sausage and onions, slow cooked with a mustard sauce.
- Spicy Sausage and Potato Soup
Spicy smoked sausage is a flavorful addition to this potato soup. You'll crave it all winter long.
- Ground Beef and Smoked Sausage Chili
Smoked sausage adds another dimension to this flavorful beef chili recipe.
- Purple Hull Peas and Sausage
Fresh purple hull peas are simmered with spicy smoked sausage and seasonings.
- Crockpot Creole Chicken
Chicken is slow cooked with sliced smoked sausage, ham, tomatoes, and vegetables.
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
A hearty, flavorful gumbo with smoked sausage, chicken, tomatoes, and vegetables.
- Mixed Bean Soup With Smoked Sausage
Use spicy andouille or chicken smoked sausage in this tasty soup.
- Andouille Sausage Cornbread Dressing
This cornbread dressing is a kicked-up version of a classic with spicy seasonings and diced andouille sausage.
- Easy Crockpot Beans With Smoked Sausage
A variety of canned beans is slow cooked with smoked sausage and seasonings for an easy and filling meal.
- Kale and White Bean Soup With Smoked Sausage
This is a hearty soup, made with spicy smoked sausage, canned white beans, and chopped kale, along with tomatoes and other vegetables. It's perfect for a cold winter day.
- Spicy Black Bean Soup With Cajun Sausage
Andouille sausage flavors this tasty soup. You can also use your own favorite variety of smoked sausage.
- Crockpot Sausage Appetizers
Use cocktail franks or mini smoked sausages in this easy dish that's a perfect dish for a game day party.
- Chicken, Penne, and Smoked Sausage Bake
A delicious pasta casserole with chicken, smoked sausage, cheese, and seasonings.
- Pinto Bean Cassoulet
This dish is a twist on French cassoulet. It's made with chicken thighs, smoked sausage, bacon, beans, and vegetables.
- Breakfast Casserole With Andouille Sausage
Smoked sausage jazzes up this breakfast egg casserole.