Few things are better than a good prime rib. This standing rib roast is smoked for several hours and has the great flavor of the prime rib mixed with a mellow smokiness. A perfect main course for the holidays and special occasions.
- 1 4- to 6-pound/1.8 to 2.7 kg standing rib roast
- 1/4 cup/60 mL black pepper (coarse ground)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sea salt
- Prepare smoker for a 3-hour smoke at 225 F to 250 F (107 to 120 C).
- Take the roast and trim any lose fat, but leave all the attached fat. Combine olive oil with black pepper, minced garlic, and sea salt. Rub mixture all over roast and place into the smoker, fat side up.
- Smoke the roast until the thickest part reaches 125 F (52 C), about 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from smoker and place onto a cutting board or into a large baking dish. Loosely cover with aluminum foil and let rest in a warm place for about 20 to 30 minutes. This is a great one to carve right at the table. Serve with your favorite grilled or baked vegetables.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|