|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 9x13 pan (12 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||32%|
|Total Carbohydrate 39g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
S'mores Treats are a fun, kid-friendly twist on rice crispy treats! Instead of crispy rice cereal, this recipe uses graham cereal, marshmallows, and plenty of chocolate chips. Cut the bars into small pieces and enjoy the delicious s'mores taste--no campfire required.
- 6 ounces miniature chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 6 cups graham cereal (like Golden Grahams)
- 1 package miniature marshmallows (10 ounces, or about 6 cups)
- 5 tablespoons butter (2.5 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place the miniature chocolate chips in the freezer to chill while you prepare the rest of the recipe. Line a 9x13 pan with aluminum foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick cooking spray, and pour the graham cereal into the bowl. Add 1 cup of miniature marshmallows to the cereal.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and the remaining package of miniature marshmallows. Microwave them together for 1 minute, then stir. If the marshmallows are not fully melted, continue to microwave in short 20-second bursts, stirring after every interval, until the marshmallows and butter are completely smooth. Add the salt and vanilla extract and stir them in.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal mixture in the large bowl, and stir until the cereal is coated. Finally, add the frozen chocolate chips and stir them in briefly, trying not to stir too much to avoid melting the chips.
- Scrape the candy into the prepared 9x13 pan and press it into an even layer. Let it set at room temperature, for about an hour. To serve, remove the candy from the pan using the foil as handles and cut it into small squares.
- Store S'mores Treats in an airtight container at room temperature. This candy is best enjoyed within a few days of making it, since the cereal will start to get soft and stale after a few days.