|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|Total Sugars 26g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
There are not many caramel vodka cocktails, but when it does appear in a recipe, you can be sure it's going to be a delicious drink! The snickertini is a great example and it is as tasty as it sounds.
Does this drink taste like the candy bar it is named for? It's probably as close as you can get to creating a Snickers bar in a glass. One thing's for sure, if you are in the mood for the ultimate dessert cocktail, the snickertini is a great choice.
The cocktail is made of Baileys, chocolate, and amaretto liqueurs with a little extra cream, but the featured ingredient is Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka. It is a spectacular vodka and one of those that just melts in your mouth, just like this drink. Wrong chocolate candy, but you get the point!
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the caramel vodka, amaretto, chocolate liqueur, Irish cream, and cream.
Pour the entire contents of the shaker (including the ice) into the prepared glass.
Drizzle with more chocolate or caramel sauce, if desired, and add a straw. Serve and enjoy.
- While the recipe suggests pouring the ice from the shaker into the glass, it may not be the best option. The agitation from shaking will have already broken down the ice so it will dilute the drink faster. If you prefer, strain it over fresh ice. The cocktail can also be served without it, either in an old-fashioned or cocktail glass.
- There are many options for the chocolate liqueur. You can go with the sweet crème de cacao and either the white or dark varieties will work. For a creamier option, look to Godiva, Dorda, or Mozart, all of which offer a lusciously smooth liqueur, some with dark or white chocolate options.
- Heavy cream or half and half are commonly used in creamy cocktails and either is a good choice for the snickertini.
- You can skip the cream and pour a little more Irish cream if you'd like to reduce the ingredient list.
- Pour the ingredients into a blender with 1 cup of ice to create a frozen snickertini. A scoop of ice cream and 1/2 cup ice is another option.
- Instead of caramel vodka, pour a salted caramel moonshine. Firefly, Ole Smoky, and Tennessee Legend are a few brands that offer the flavored whiskey.
How Strong Is a Snickertini?
Van Gogh bottles their flavored vodkas at 70 proof, so this does start off a little lighter than the average vodka cocktail. However, all those liqueurs add up so the snickertini ends up being pretty strong. It should weigh in around 22 percent ABV (44 proof), which is about the same as a cosmopolitan.