These molasses cookies are a snap to mix up and bake, with no chilling or rolling required!
The cookies taste fantastic with milk.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup shortening (melted and cooled)
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup water (hot)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Heat oven to 375 F. Grease baking sheets, line with parchment paper, or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and ginger; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar together. Beat in the cooled shortening.
- Combine the hot water and baking soda in another bowl; stir in molasses.
- Stir the molasses and water mixture into the egg mixture along with the dry ingredients. Beat on low speed until well blended.
- Using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 to 3 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set. Take care not to burn.
- Let the cookies cool completely and store for up to 5 days in an airtight container. Or freeze them for up to 3 months.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|