These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are always a hit with family and friends. The cookies have a pleasant soft texture and plenty of chocolate chips.
Fans of the peanut butter/chocolate combination find endless ways to pair the two, often in elaborate concoctions that require both a fork and spoon (and a partner) to eat. From pies and cakes to ice cream and bars to truffles and pudding, peanut butter and chocolate together seem to inspire dessert decadence. But sometimes the sweet simplicity of a cookie is what you really need. Cue the soft peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup; room temperature)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semisweet or milk chocolate)
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with silicone liners or spray them with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter and peanut butter together in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- One at a time beat in the whole egg, the egg yolk, and the vanilla.
- Slowly beat in the flour mixture until fully blended. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes or up to an hour.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop dough onto the baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between cookies. Lightly press each cookie a few times with the tines of a fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned around the edges. Cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies should appear slightly underdone when you take them out of the oven. They will firm up as they cool.
- You can skip step 6, but chilling the dough before baking helps minimize spread, resulting in a softer cookie.
- You can eat these cookies warm or store them, completely cooled, in an airtight container for a week.
More Chocolate Chip Cookies
Are you a professed cookie monster? Check out these other chocolate chip cookie recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|