This apple cake is made with chopped fresh apples, butter, cinnamon, and sour cream. It's a popular cake and very easy to fix and bake in one layer. The crumbly crust bottom and topping makes this cake stand out from other apple cakes.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 cups apples (finely chopped & peeled)
- 1 cup whipping cream (whipped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine first flour, butter, and brown sugar. Blend together until crumbly, using a mixer on low speed. Stir in chopped pecans. Press 2 3/4 cups of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 13X9-inch pan.
- To the remaining mixture add cinnamon, soda, salt, sour cream, vanilla, and egg. Blend well with mixer. Stir in the chopped apples. Spoon evenly over the crumb layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired. Serve warm or cold.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|