This blueberry pie is made with sour cream and blueberry custard filling. Use your own homemade pie pastry shell or a purchased frozen pie shell for this recipe.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie pastry shell
- For the Pecan Topping:
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 3 tablespoons pecans (chopped)
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the sour cream, 2 tablespoons of flour, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt, and egg until smooth, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake at 400 F for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the 4 tablespoons of flour, brown sugar, butter, and pecans, mixing with fingers until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the pecan mixture over the top of the pie; return to oven and bake for 10 minutes longer. Let cool. Chill thoroughly before serving. Serves 8 to 10.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|