Thanks to Aileen for sharing the recipe for Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake. It's the cake she made for her husband's birthday. What appeals to him, and to others, is that this cake is not overly sweet.
- For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- For the Batter:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix the topping ingredients, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans and chocolate chips, in small bowl and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour the bundt pan.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the topping in the pan.
- For the batter ingredients, cream the butter, add the sugar and beat until it is smooth.
- Add the unbeaten eggs, sour cream, baking power, soda, salt and vanilla.
- Beat until all until smooth.
- Add the flour last; beat until it is smooth. The batter will be very thick.
- Using a rubber spatula spoon 1/3 of the batter over the first layer of the topping mix.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the topping mix over the batter.
- Continue with the layers, ending with the topping mix.
- Bake the cake for 45-55 minutes. (Aileen begins checking for doneness at 40 minutes.)
- Cool the cake in the pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from pan and cool completely before glazing it.
For the glaze:
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes in a glass measuring cup.
- Place the cooled cake on a serving plate and drizzle it with glaze.
Store the cake in an airtight container.
More Recipes Made with Chocolate Chips:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
The first treat people think of when chocolate chips are mentioned are cookies, of course.
Chocolate Chip Pie
I served this pie at a luncheon and a friend said it was surprisingly good. I guess she didn't think it would be?
Fudgy Brownie Torte
Thick, rich and full of chocolate is how I'd describe this torte.
Here's one more treat with funky ingredients. Yes, there are soda crackers in this bark like sweet.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|