This delicious sour cream chocolate chip cake is rich, but not overly sweet. With the addition of sour cream, this easy-to-make cake features topping ingredients like brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans and chocolate chips.
- For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- For the Batter:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix the topping ingredients, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans, and chocolate chips, in a small bowl and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour the bundt pan.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the topping in the pan.
- For the batter ingredients, cream the butter, add the sugar and beat until it is smooth.
- Add the unbeaten eggs, sour cream, baking powder, soda, salt, and vanilla.
- Beat until all until smooth.
- Add the flour last; beat until it is smooth. The batter will be very thick.
- Using a rubber spatula spoon 1/3 of the batter over the first layer of the topping mix.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the topping mix over the batter.
- Continue with the layers, ending with the topping mix.
- Bake the cake for 45 to 55 minutes. (Aileen begins checking for doneness at 40 minutes.)
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from pan and cool completely before glazing it.
For the Glaze:
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes in a glass measuring cup.
- Place the cooled cake on a serving plate and drizzle it with glaze. Store the cake in an airtight container.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)