This sour cream coffee cake is made from scratch with a cinnamon and nut filling and topping. It's a snap to fix this coffee cake. The cake is baked in a tube cake pan.
The cinnamon and nut mixture is added to the batter in three layers, giving the sour cream coffee cake plenty of flavorful cinnamon and walnut filling in every slice.
Feel free to drizzle a simple vanilla glaze.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream (1 cup)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, 9 ounces
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Generously butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, and sour cream until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the creamed mixture and beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a separate bowl and whisk or stir to blend thoroughly. Add the dry mixture to the mixing bowl and beat until blended.
- Make topping/filling mixture by combining chopped nuts, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and cinnamon.
- In the bottom of the prepared tube pan put about one-third of topping mixture. Alternate layers of batter and topping, ending with batter.
- Bake the coffee cake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|