- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- Optional: dash nutmeg or cinnamon
- Optional: 1/2 cup colored sugar
- Optional: 1/2 cup icing
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- In a bowl, combine baking powder with flour; set aside.
- In a bowl or cup, mix the baking soda with sour cream and set aside.
- Cream the shortening with sugar until light; add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and sour cream mixture, alternating, in about 3 additions.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- Roll the cookie dough out to about 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick on a floured surface and cut into shapes.
- Arrange the cookies on the prepared baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with colored sugars or spices.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Ice, if desired. See: Vanilla Icing or Glaze for Cake and Cookies
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|