Garlic and a chopped shallot add flavor to this tasty sour cream gravy. Serve the gravy with sliced pork loin or chops, or serve it with fried chicken or meatloaf.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot (finely minced, or a few tablespoons of minced red onion)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, until shallots are tender. Stir in the flour until well blended.
- Add chicken broth and continue cooking, stirring, until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in the sour cream and cook, stirring, just until the gravy is hot and begins to simmer. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and add salt and pepper, to taste.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|