These sour cream oatmeal cookies are soft and chewy. The cookies are filled with dates or raisins. If you like nuts in your cookies, add about 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, dark
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped dates or raisins
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Coat the dates with 1/4 cup of the sifted dry ingredients.
- Stir remaining sifted ingredients into the first mixture with the sour cream. Stir in date mixture and oats.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls a few inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the pans for about 30 seconds; remove them to racks with a spatula to cool completely.
- Store in a tightly covered container separated by sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
Makes about 4 1/2 to 5 dozen.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|