|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||52%|
|Total Carbohydrate 59g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Total Sugars 33g|
|Vitamin C 3mg||14%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Peaches and cream are made to go together, and you will combine both in this delicious and easy pie. The peach and sour cream filling are rich and lightly spiced. If you have traditionally served your peach pie with heavy cream or with ice cream, you won't need it with this pie, which makes it a good choice to bring to a potluck. You'll only need to cut it into slices and let the guests serve themselves.
A spiced buttery crumb topping makes this peach pie an instant favorite. For the bottom crust, you can make this pie using your favorite pie crust recipe or use a ready-made crust from the grocery store. You will only need the bottom crust. If you like a graham cracker crust, that would work as well.
You can use fresh or frozen peaches, depending on what is in season. If you use canned peaches, adjust the amount of sugar depending on whether they are packed in syrup.
For the Filling:
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sliced peaches
1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
For the Butter Crumb Topping:
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Prepare a pie pastry shell and set aside.
To make the filling, combine 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and salt in a bowl.
Beat in sour cream, the beaten egg, and vanilla.
Add the sliced peaches.
Pour the filling mixture into the unbaked pie pastry.
Bake at 400 F for 12 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 F and bake 30 minutes longer.
Remove pie from the oven and increase the heat to 400 F.
Combine the butter crumb topping ingredients and mix with a fork or fingers until they form crumbs.
Sprinkle the topping over the pie.
Return the pie to the oven and continue to bake the pie at 400 F for 10 minutes longer.
- Serve the pie warm or cold. Cover and refrigerate the leftovers.
- It is best to use regular sour cream rather than light or fat-free sour cream. Otherwise, the binders and thickeners used in those versions may result in a less firm consistency to the pie. If you make that substitution, you may want to use another tablespoon or two of flour in the filling to be sure it will firm up.
- Sour cream peach pie can be made without any topping or with a pastry lattice top crust if you prefer. Or you can omit the bottom crust and bake it as a peach crumble using a round, square, or oblong pan.
- Make the pie with nectarines or apricots.
- Add about 1/2 cup of chopped pecans to the topping mixture.