This easy-to-make potato dish tastes great as a filling in dosas (crispy rice batter pancakes) or eaten with hot chapatis (Indian flatbread) or parathas (pan-fried Indian flatbread).
- 6 large potatoes (cut into halves and then sliced thinly)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 7 to 8 curry leaves
- 2 green chilies (chopped fine)
- 1 large onion (chopped fine)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame. Add the mustard seeds, green chilies, and curry leaves and fry till spluttering stops.
- Add the onions and fry till soft.
- Add the potatoes, turmeric powder and salt to taste and mix well.
- Cook till potato is done.
- Serve with hot chapatis (Indian flatbread) or parathas (pan-fried Indian flatbread).
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|