An easy banana pudding, made with banana cream pudding mix, vanilla wafers, and bananas, baked with a meringue topping.
- 1 large package banana cream flavored pudding and pie filling (6 serving size)
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 3 3/4 cups milk
- 30 vanilla wafers
- 2 large ripe but firm bananas, sliced
- 3 egg whites
- dash salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a saucepan, combine pudding mix, egg yolks, and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Arrange a layer of vanilla wafers in bottom of a 2-quart baking dish.
- Add a layer of banana slices and then a layer of pudding. Continue layering the vanilla wafers, banana slices, and pudding, ending with the pudding.
- Beat egg whites with the salt until foamy.
- Gradually beat in the sugar then continue to beat until mixture forums stiff shiny peaks.
- Spoon meringue over pudding, spreading all the way to the edge of dish to seal.
- Bake at 375° for about 10 to 15 minutes, until meringue is cooked and lightly browned.
- Serve warm or chilled. Store in refrigerator.
More Banana Desserts
- Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding
- Banana Pudding With Graham Crackers
- Bananas Split Trifle
- Bananas with Vanilla Rum Sauce
- Banana Fritters
- Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- Banana Pudding Pie
- Banana Pudding
- Banana Pudding II
- Banana Crepes
- Banana Bites
- Bread Machine Banana Bread
- Banana Cream Pie with Meringue
- Banana Squares
- Chocolate Banana Cake
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|