This creamed spinach recipe is made with heavy cream, a dash of nutmeg, a little finely grated onion, and butter, topped with a sliced hard-cooked egg. This is a delicious side dish for just about any meal. Feel free to top this spinach dish with a little fresh grated or shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 2 cups chopped, cooked spinach
- 2 teaspoons finely minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- Put the spinach in saucepan; add onion, salt, nutmeg, cream, and butter.
- Mix well and heat until hot and spinach is wilted.
- Spoon onto serving dish and top with hard-cooked egg slices.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|