Southern style spareribs are baked with smoky homemade barbecue sauce. This is an easy, convenient set-and-forget meal for any night of the week. Worcestershire gives this BBQ sauce a nice southern tang.
- 4 pounds spareribs, cut in serving-size portions
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- dash liquid smoke
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place spareribs on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Pour water into the bottom of the pan to a depth of 1/2 inch.
- Cover tightly and bake at 300 F for 1 1/2 hours, until ribs are tender.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, blending well. Drain liquid from the ribs and remove the rack from pan.
- Pour 1 cup of the sauce over the ribs.
- Bake in open pan at 325 F for 30 minutes.
- Pour remaining sauce over ribs; bake 30 minutes longer.
- Baste occasionally to make sure ribs are completely covered.
Serves 4 to 6.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|