This recipe uses chipotle chili powder to give it a smoky, spicy zing. It's great on any slow-roasted meat and also the perfect match for chicken.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, lime juice, vinegar, both chili powders, cumin and salt to taste in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce reaches desired thickness. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Use right away, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|