This cool, colorful, and crunchy salad recipe is perfect when fresh corn is in season, and you want to bring something fabulous to that summer cookout. Frozen corn may be used, but the salad just won't have that same sweet, crisp snap.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans (well-rinsed and drained)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced small)
- 1 medium orange bell pepper (diced small)
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper (seeded and minced)
- 4 thinly sliced green onions (white and light green parts)
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Gather the ingredients.
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the corn and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer corn into a large mixing bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to combine thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Toss well, and taste and adjust for salt before serving.