Loaded with cilantro and lime, this tri-tip steak is marinated in beer, wine and spices. Choose a dark beer for a richer flavor and add more pepper flakes to heat it up.
- 2 pounds/900 g tri-tip steak
- 1 cup/120 mL red wine
- 1 can of beer
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- juice from 6 to 8 limes
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh cilantro,chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon/7.5 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL ground cumin
Combine all ingredients except the tri-tip steaks and stir. Place steaks in a large baking dish or a resealable bag. Pour marinade over steaks. Let sit for several hours (up to 6). Preheat grill. Place steaks on grill over a medium high heat. Grill for 10-12 minutes or until they reach desired doneness. Let steaks rest for about 5 minutes before you serve them.
If you want to add some extra heat to the marinade chop up a seeded jalapeño pepper and toss it in.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|