You can adjust the garlic content of this marinade to suit your needs. This soy based marinade works really well on all kinds of meat and poultry, but particularly well with beef. Try this mixture on vegetables and tofu as well. You won't be disappointed.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (white wine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 2-3 green onions (chopped finely)
1.Combine vegetable oil with honey, ketchup and soy sauce with a wire whisk. Add remaining marinade ingredients and mix through. Let marinade stand for 10 minutes. This will give the flavors in the mixture some time to bloom.
2. To use: marinate red meats for 4 to 12 hours, poultry for 2 to 6 hours, seafood and vegetables for up to 1 hour.
3. Store marinade in an air tight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days after initial preparation.
4. This mixture can also be used as a sauce. Just double the recipe and simmer half of the mixture over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add chopped green onions toward the end and stir through. Serve on top of cooked meats and vegetables. Use the other half as a marinade.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|