While most marinades work best with an overnight soak, this high-intensity soy-ginger combination will do the job in 1-2 hours. Whether you choose rib-eye, fillet, sirloin, or New York strip, these steak and vegetable skewers will stretch your dollar while providing you with a signature charcoal-grilled entrée.
- 2 1/2 pounds/1.1 kg steak (1-inch thick)
- 3 bell peppers
- 2 onions
- For the Marinade:
- 1 cup/240 mL soy sauce
- 1 cup/240 mL vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup/120 mL brown sugar
- 1/2 cup/120 mL sugar
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL lemon juice
- Combine marinade ingredients and mix well. Cut onions and peppers into 1-inch pieces. Cut steak into 1-inch cubes. Divide marinade in half and marinate vegetables and meat in separate gallon-size GLAD® bags for 2 hours.
- Remove vegetables and meat from the marinade. Place steak, onions, and peppers on the skewer while alternating varieties.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling. Grill kabobs over coals (approximately 450 - 500 degrees F - 230 - 260 degrees C.) for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and serve.
Recipe created by champion pitmaster, Chris Lilly, on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|